Our first trip to New Jersey! I love a good road trip. Luckily our children feel the same way. I thought I would share some of our favorite parts about our trip, where we stayed, and where we ate! Next time I hope to squeeze in some Philadelphia tourist attractions, but it was a great trip as it was!
- 8 states in 6 days.
- 3 nights in Wildwood, New Jersey- Sea Gull Motel – Clean, friendly owners, SUPER affordable, a block from the beach AND boardwalk.
- Favorite Places to eat: Pink Cadillac Diner – good food and super friendly staff. Rick’s Seafood was where we got seafood. It’s carry-out and it was awesome! Soooo good! We got one of the samplers and then chicken fingers and fries for the kids since they are touchy about seafood. The scallops were cooked perfectly. It all was. It’s a good pick if you’re in Wildwood.
- 1 night in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 1 night in Northern Kentucky – we stayed with my aunt and uncle. I love including at least one family/friend visit on a vacation.
- Approximately 1,674 miles.
- Budget: $600. Tip: South New Jersey is super affordable first of May and in September. It’s chillier, less crowded, and much more affordable.
I made several attempts at capturing selfies at the beach, but they failed! So much for getting all of us and the ocean in one pic! I guess the sun was too bright?